Tonight our pastor gave a great message from Acts 20 about Paul investing in the people he ministered to. He related it to serving in the church, but it is VERY applicable to our role in the home. After all, our family should be at the top of our ministry list! Below are some of his points from Acts 20 that we can relate to our parenting.
SIX WAYS TO HAVE INFLUENCE WITH YOUR CHILDREN
1. Spend time with them. (v. 18)
You can’t influence people, if you don’t spend time with them! One of the BEST ways to win the heart of your children, is to invest your time into them. When you have their heart, they are open to your teaching and influence.
2. Serve them like you would serve God. (v. 19)
3. Teach them Scripturally. (v. 27)
4. Teach them personally. (v. 20)
5. Make their spiritual care your priority. (v.21)
6. Pray with them. (v. 36)
What a great challenge to be parents of influence as we raise our children to walk in God’s ways!