Many moms have come to me in tears admitting they are really having a hard time with their anger, and they feel guilty, because no matter how many times they determine to not let it happen again, it does.
As parents who are striving hard to raise our children for God, anger can be the biggest obstacle that stands in our way. Anger damages relationships, and lessens our opportunity to influence the hearts of our children. To protect themselves from our anger, they put up walls around their hearts and shut us out.
WHY IS ANGER SO DAMAGING?
- It is one of the biggest causes of rebellion in our children
- It causes our children to harbor hurt that can turn to bitterness
- It causes us to lose their hearts, and no longer have influence with them
- Anger doesn’t address the heart issue, and focuses more on changing behavior
- Anger is catchy. If one or both parents have an angry spirit, there’s a good chance that the kids will too.
However, there IS help and hope for the angry mom!
The Bible tells us “Be ye angry and sin not,” so the anger itself isn’t the issue. It’s how we respond to that anger.
By recognizing that we tend to sin in our anger, finding our triggers, pausing to calm ourselves, and then planning a better way than yelling or exploding, we CAN overcome anger God’s way!
If you struggle with anger and are ready to find Biblical answers and help, I’d like to encourage you to join me for a 7-week course:
This online course includes:
- 7 VIDEOS – Each video averages between 5 and 15 minutes
- A PDF file with a transcript of each video for those who prefer to read it
- A workbook to go with the course, and help you map out an action plan for success
- Scripture verse cards on anger to post around your house to help you stay calm
- Biblical Anger Management
Get help now and become the joyful, calm mom you want your kids to remember!
Click the image below to learn more.