All moms go through times of discouragement, and at those times it is very important that we turn to God’s Word to seek His truth, and claim His promises. Otherwise, we will end up dwelling in discouragement valley, as we listen to the voice of the enemy. Without His word to guide and encourage us as moms, it would be easy to just give up! Do you have Bible verses to cling to when you are discouraged as a mom?
I’d like to share five of my favorite Bible verses that have helped me over and over, throughout the past 31 years of teaching and training my kids. I hope they will encourage YOU!
1. When I am discouraged about one of my kids, and wondering if there is hope for that child, I remember this verse. If God can change the heart of a king, He can change the heart of that child I am concerned about!
The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersover he will.
2. When I have been faithful to teach and train my kids in God’s Word, but I feel like it’s not helping, I claim this promise. God’s Word WILL NOT return unto Him void, but WILL accomplish what He wants it to.
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
3. When I am feeling overwhelmed with all that the day holds, and I don’t know where to start, I commit my day and the activities of it to the Lord. He WILL establish my thoughts and plans when I give them to Him.
Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
4. When I am exhausted and thinking that it’s too much for me to keep on, I remember that I will see results, and the harvest will come. I have to focus on planting the seeds daily, knowing I will reap if I remain faithful.
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
5. When I am facing a situation with the kids that leave me feeling helpless, I can call on God and know He will answer me, and show me great things, which I can’t even imagine.
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
What verses would you add to this list?