Many problems in our homes, and in our parenting could and would be avoided if we simply made Biblical family principles to live by. Living our life based on Godly principles means that many decisions are already made for us before we ever face the decisions.
I love these two quotes by Dr. James Dobson:
“The old principles derived from the Scriptures are still right; they’re still true and valid, even if the world ignores them.”
“Biblical principles offer the most healthy approach to family living, even turning stress to our advantage.”
Do you have family principles in your home? If not, here are a 6 good family principles to live by that our Pastor shared with us in his sermon on Sunday.
1. Don’t make a decision based on convenience.
2. Don’t make short-term decisions without considering long-term results.
3. Don’t put physical wants (like more or nicer things) ahead of spiritual needs.
4. Don’t make decisions based on fear.
5. Get counsel about your decisions.
6. Get content where you are.