As parents, it’s easy to just assume that our kids know we love them. However, it’s good to purposefully do things that make them feel loved. To get you started, here are 20 ways to make kids feel loved.
» this post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. «
Why not try some of them?
- Take them on a special outing for no reason, and get them their favorite treat.
- Tell them often how much you love them
- Kiss them goodnight, and spend a few minutes talking with them at bedtime.
- Apologize and ask forgiveness when you have responded wrong.
- Have a weekly family night.
- Play games with them.
- Brag about them to your spouse and their grandparents when you know they can hear you from the other room.
- Teach them how to do something new.
- Sit down with them and look at old pictures of them, or watch videos of them.
- Write them notes and leave them under their bedroom door, or on their pillow.
- Read to them daily.
- Bake with them.
- Make meal times fun by having them share about their day, and just having good conversation. Don’t be in a hurry to just get done – linger at the table with them and chat.
- Hug them regularly.
- Put your phone away when they are with you.
- Make birthdays special by letting them choose their favorite meal for dinner.
- Pray for them, and let them know that you do.
- Listen to them, and hear their emotions, not just their words.
- Show an interest in what they are interested in and excited about. Let them tell you about it, and teach you about it.
- Occasionally when you are out, buy their favorite treat and bring it home for them.
What are some things you do to make your kids feel loved?