A rebellious child can cause us to have a heavy heart, while also sending us to our knees often. That can actually turn out to be a good thing, especially if you find Scriptures to pray over your rebellious child!
God’s Word is so powerful, and when we claim those promises for our kids and pray them back to God, we are bringing His power right into their lives. His Word will work and bring conviction in a way that our words will never do.
If you are concerned about a child who is just starting to show some small signs of rebellion, or if you have a child who is openly rebellious to your authority, don’t despair! Realize that you can’t change their heart, but God and His Word can.
The two most important things you can do are:
1.Start praying for that child regularly.
Work as though it all depends on You, but pray as though it all depends on God! Go to war on behalf of that child, and fight the enemy with the powerful weapon of God’s Word.
If you want to get serious about praying for your child, I’d love for you to join my 30 Day challenge: Praying Biblical Virtues For Your Children.
2. Work diligently to win the heart of that child.
Having that heart means having influence with them, and as parents, WE want to be the ones who are influencing them, and pouring valuable truths into that God has shown us.
Here are 6 Scriptures to pray over your rebellious child.
- God will complete the work that He began in your child’s heart!
2. If God can change the heart of a king, He can change the heart of your child.
3. All your children will be taught of the Lord, and He promises them great peace.
4. Our hope isn’t in our efforts, but in the Lord Who hears when we call.
5. As you continue in prayer, you can rejoice in the hope that God will hear and answer.
6. When you live righteously, God promises to deliver your children.
What verses would you add to this list? As you read your Bible, claim Scriptures for that child. Write them down and pray the in faith. God’s Word won’t return unto Him void, so you can rest in hope as you pray!
To help you keep these verses before you, get these verses as printable prayer cards which you can post around your house as a reminder to diligently pray the power of Scripture over your child. (This is a free gift for our subscribers.)