When the word prosperity is mentioned, most people automatically equate it with financial success. However, these 10 principles to teach your children for Biblical success are much more important.
As I read through them, I thought how very valuable it would be for our children and teens to learn these early in life, and be reminded of them often.
They are great truths to help Christians stay strong in their walk with the Lord, which is the foundation for prosperity and blessing.
These principles are the foundation of what is taught by Reformers Unanimous, a recovery program for people struggling with addictions, AND a discipleship program for any Christian who wants a stronger walk with God.
10 Principles To Teach Your Children For Biblical Success
1. If God’s against it, so am I.
2. Every sin has its origin in your heart.
Jeremiah 17:9; Proverbs 4:23; Romans 13:14
3. It is easier to keep the heart clean than it is to clean it after it has been defiled.
Proverbs 22:3; Proverbs 6:27-28
4. You cannot fight a fleshly appetite by indulging in it.
Ecclesiastes 5:10; James 1:14-15
5. Small compromises lead to great disasters.
Luke 16:10; Matthew 6:24; Romans 6:16
6. Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord.
John 5:18-20; Proverbs 25:15-16
7. Our sinful habits do hurt those who follow us.
Romans 14:7; 1 Corinthians 10:23, 24
8. It is not possible to fight a fleshly temptation with fleshly weapons.
II Corinthians 10:3-5; I John 4:4
9. We lose our freedom to choose when we give in to temptation. The consequences of our choices are inevitable, incalculable, and up to God.
Proverbs 5:22; Proverbs 20:17; Proverbs 9:17-18
10. God balances guilt with blame. Accept the blame for your actions, and God will remove the guilt.
I John 1:9
These principles will arm your children with Scriptural truths that will prepare them for any battles they may face, as God’s Word is the best weapon in for spiritual battles.
What a valuable list of truths!