It is so easy to get caught up in all the rush of the Christmas season, that we fail to spend time enjoying the season with our children and reminding them of what it is really about. With these 25 days of Christmas books, you can spend time daily with your children AND remind them that it is all about the birth of Jesus.
Why not start a tradition of choosing 25 Christmas books in (or before) November, and wrapping them individually? Let your children take turns opening one each morning starting on December 1st, and ending on Christmas day with the reading of the Christmas story from the Bible.
» this post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. «
Not only is this a great way to create special memories, but it’s also a great way to slow down and enjoy time together while focusing on God’s gift to us.
This is a list of some of my favorites, that will serve to remind your children that Christmas isn’t just about getting gifts, but about GIVING — and the greatest gift ever given.
I know your family will love these 25 Days of Christmas books!
1.A CHRISTMAS GOODNIGHT – by Nola Buck
2. ASLEEP IN THE STABLE – Will Hillenbrand
3. THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE – Lori Walburg
5. LITTLE OWL AND THE STAR: A CHRISTMAS STORY – by Mary Murphy
6. GOD GAVE US CHRISTMAS – Lisa Bergren
7. A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS – Charles M. Schulz
8. HUMPHREY’S FIRST CHRISTMAS – Carol Heyer
9. THE CRIPPLED LAMB – Max Lucado
10. ROOM FOR A LITTLE ONE: A CHRISTMAS TALE – Martin Waddell
11. JACOB’S GIFT – Max Lucado
12. ITSY BITSY CHRISTMAS: YOU’RE NEVER TOO LITTLE FOR HIS LOVE – Max Lucado
13. MARMEE’S SURPRISE, A LITTLE WOMAN STORY – Monica Kulling
14. THE CHRISTMAS STORY – Patricia Pingry
15. CHRISTMAS IN A MANGER – Nola Buck
17. CHRISTMAS IN THE BIG WOODS – Laura Ingalls Wilder
18. TINY BABY JESUS – Dandi Daley Mackall
19. WHO IS COMING TO OUR HOUSE? – Joseph Slate
21. THE GIFT OF THE MAGI – by O. Henry
22. LISTEN TO THE SILENT NIGHT – Dandi Mackall
23. ONE WINTRY NIGHT –Ruth Graham Bell
24. THE ANIMALS’ CHRISTMAS EVE – by Gail Wiersum
25. THE BIRTH OF CHRIST – Luke 2
Be sure to grab the free printable calendar with the books & titles included!